You know turmeric comes with a myriad of health benefits, but did you know it may also help detox your liver and may even protect it from disease?
From environmental pollutants to the food we eat and medications we take, you are constantly consuming countless chemicals, pesticides, dangerous heavy metals, and artificial food additives every day. It’s the responsibility of your liver to metabolise and expel all of these toxins – and usually does so without a complaint at all!
However, signs and symptoms your liver may be a little sluggish and in need of a boost from your diet include:
- Dark circles under your eyes
- Bad breath
- Yellow tongue
- Nausea – from the aroma of petrol, perfumes & cleaning products
- Fat intolerance
- Skin problems
- Allergies and intolerances
- Headaches and migraines
- Fluid retention and oedema
- Waking up exhausted
Fortunately, good old nature has you covered, and you can easily get the boost your liver needs through Turmeric. Turmeric is native to India and other parts of southern Asia and has been used for century for its medicinal properties, as well a key
ingredient in Indian cuisine.
Many scientific investigations are shedding light on the extraordinary protective and regenerative properties for the liver yielded in turmeric – most notably a compound contained in turmeric called curcumin.
So, what does curcumin do you wonder? Let’s take a look:
- It removes cholesterol from the liver: It has been shown in numerous studies that curcumin helps control the process of cholesterol within the liver
– removing excess LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) out of the body!
- Coping with excess alcohol consumption: prevents alcohol from being converted into compounds that are harmful for the liver and the rest of the body.
- Removes toxins: It has been shown to be responsible for stimulating the production of bile by the gallbladder. It’s the bile that eliminates and excretes toxins in the liver.
- Regeneration of liver cells: In addition, curcumin was shown to assist in the regeneration of liver cells and increases their capability of breaking down toxic compounds for excretion. Before you do a liver detox with turmeric, be sure to book in for a consultation for expert advice and a clear detoxification program.