Heavy metal blood test measures the levels and comparative ratios of nutrient and toxic minerals found in hair and is regarded by many doctors, naturopaths and nutritional therapists as one of the most valuable screening tools available in everyday and preventative health care.
Why screening test for heavy metals and minerals?
Minerals are essential for growth, healing, vitality and wellbeing. They provide structural support in bones and teeth, and they maintain the body’s pH and water balance, nerve activity, muscle contractions, energy production and enzyme reactions. They are the basic ‘spark plugs’ of life.
Ideally, we should get all the minerals we need from a balanced diet. Unfortunately, today this is rarely possible. Modern farming techniques, fertilisers and depleted soils reduce the mineral content of foods. Environmental pollutants, chemical food additives and stressful lifestyles also have a detrimental effect on our nutritional status.
Many health conditions are aggravated by mineral imbalances and toxic metal excesses, including cardiovascular disease, skin conditions, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, migraines and headaches, metabolic conditions, learning difficulties and hyperactivity in children, to name just a few.
Consequently, we need to test and monitor our nutritional status more than ever.
Benefits of testing Heavy Metal and Mineral Status:
- Safe, scientific, non-invasive pathology test.
- Reliable data on more than 35 nutrient and toxic minerals, and over 25 important mineral ratios.
- Valuable health information often not revealed in standard blood and urine tests.
- Discovery of nutrient mineral imbalances or toxic mineral excesses that may be affecting your health.
- Personalised patient and doctor interpretive test reports that assess your current mineral status, highlight areas of concern and recommend dietary changes and supplements for improved health and wellbeing.
For more information on how we perform mineral and heavy metal blood test, feel free to call us at 0467094918